Monday, June 29, 2015

Monday Made It! - June 29th

I'm linking up with 4th Grade Frolics for her Monday Made It! series. 

Unfortunately, my father's been quite sick and spent about ten days in the hospital. Fortunately, he's at home now, but he needs some help getting around while he's getting his strength back. So, I've been over at my parents' house helping out, and I've had quite a bit of time to get some work done for next year. 
I created Weekly Entrance Slips. This resource includes one grammar concept for each week. You, of course, can use them in any order. It covers parts of speech, punctuation of dialogue, comma use, homophones, simple diagramming, subject-verb agreement, and so much more. I plan to use these to guide my instruction. I will give one concept entrance slip at the beginning of the week after our spelling pretest. This will allow me to see who has already mastered the concept and who needs instruction. For those that need the instruction, I'll pull small groups and teach or include in conferencing. The resource is in black to save on ink, 4 of the same concept per page, and answer sheets are included.


Another thing I've been working on is book trailers to show next year. I found this book on the Sasquatch Book Award Nominee list. I had never heard of these awards or this book, but I loved it! I discovered this book award on Librarian Arika's blog.

Here's my book trailer for The Adventures of a South Pole Pig by Chris Kurtz.


Be sure to head over to 4th Grade Frolics and see what everyone has made this week!

1 comment:

  1. Oh! Nice book trailer. I've not heard of the Sasquatch Book Award Nominee list is but I'll have to check it out!
    Stephanie
    Applelight Moments By Stephanie

    ReplyDelete