Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Monday Made It - July 6

I'm excited to participate in 4th Grade Frolics' Monday Made It for the second week in a row. Yay!



I'm posting my Monday Made It just a little bit late:) I made a few items for school this week. (They're terrible quality pictures - sorry!)

Made It! #1- I made was a bookmark to give all my kiddos on the first day of school. It is just the beginning of letting them know how much I value reading and that our classroom is full of readers.



Made It! #2 - a set of birthday toppers. I printed and laminated these and will attach them to some crazy straws I got at Michael's. The kids love these. The Birthday Toppers and Cupcakes are in a set I have for sale on Tpt (just click the link if you're interested). It includes 12 different colored Happy Birthday circles and 12 different colored cupcakes. I print and laminate the cupcakes, then write each student's name and birthday one and post on one of my cabinet doors.




Made It! #3 - the boy's and girl's bathroom pass. I will attach these to the hand sanitizer. This works great because instead of interrupting something going on in the classroom to ask to go to the bathroom, the student will just put the hand sanitizer on their desk. It's a visual for me to help remind me who is out of the room (only 1 girl and 1 boy at a time) and they get the reminder to actually USE the hand sanitizer when they return. Win, win.


Hopefully I'll be able to keep checking things off my list. Monday Made It! is a great motivator! What did you make?







10 comments:

  1. Love all of your ideas! I need to get focused on creating stuff for school! The summer laziness has overtaken me!

    Jamie
    Life As I Know It

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know about the summer laziness! It's so hard to get motivated sometimes. Monday Made Its are pretty good motivators though:)

      Delete
  2. Great job staying motivated. Your school year will be so smooth since you are doing this work now!

    mybrightbluehouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of the crazy straws for birthdays. We give a gigantic pixie stick for birthdays.

    Megan
    Adventures Teaching Fourth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My kids would go crazy over giant pixie sticks! I think we'd have to have a rule - eat at home:)

      Delete
  4. Great stuff! I love the bookmarks and the birthday stuff for sure! I will have to check into doing something like that this year. Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day. I hope to have some school stuff up next week for Monday Made it! I just haven't wanted to face the fact that my school starts in less than a month! I teach ELA as well so I have joined your group of followers! Can't wait to learn from you!

    Blessings,
    Becky from
    CookingUpSuccess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becky - Thanks so much for stopping by and following! I know - I can't believe school is almost back in session. I have so much on my to do list, it's crazy. I need to really get my act together:)

      Delete
  5. Janie,
    I love your bathroom passes! They are super cute and it's a great idea to keep track of who has left the room. It also minimizes interruptions...love that!!
    Tonya
    Storybook Endings in Second

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janie,
    I love your bathroom passes! They are super cute and it's a great idea to keep track of who has left the room. It also minimizes interruptions...love that!!
    Tonya
    Storybook Endings in Second

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your birthday idea! I am going to have to check into doing something similar! Thanks for stopping by blog earlier!
    Alley
    Teaching to Engage

    ReplyDelete