Monday, March 28, 2016

Hope for Our World #SOL16

Yesterday was rainy and gloomy. We met my parents, siblings and their families at church. The minister preached about the true meaning of Easter but he also spoke about his sadness. His mother is in her last stages of life. He talked about his faith and her faith and the power in knowing that this is not the end. I was moved by his strength.

We went to lunch together afterwards at my parents' club. There were many, many families there, spending time together over a meal. You could see the love at each table. Children begging grandparents for help with the push-up desserts. Parents scooping children up for hugs. Everyone taking care of their families.

The children were having a great time. They were trotting between tables, grabbing desserts, climbing into laps, scaling chairs. There was plenty of movement amongst the children. There were smiles. There was laughter.

My father turned to my mother and said, "Seeing these children gives me hope for our world."





7 comments:

  1. What a powerful thing for your father to say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a powerful thing for your father to say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your father notices things just like we do as we look for things to write. He noticed and then you noticed. I loved the description of the things the children were doing. Scaling the chairs, climbing into laps. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful! Children are our hope for the future. I worry about the world adults are leaving to them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful! Children are our hope for the future. I worry about the world adults are leaving to them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The children are definitely our hope, and our reason too for pushing on to make and keep it a better place!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree that I see hope in our children. They inspire me. I'm glad you noted your dad's thinking here! Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete